Learn To Make Beautiful Cakes
The London and Hertfordshire School of Sugarcraft
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should attend our courses:
- Courses run by highly talented international tutors
- Programs cover a wide range of decorating skills and techniques
- Run at our Bushey Heath premises in our newly refurbished kitchen
- Student numbers are limited per course providing you with more teacher time
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee or a full refund
- If you need any specialist equipment it is available in our shop at a 10% discount for course attendees
- All materials and equipment will be included in the course price with the exception of flower cutters and veiners
- You will receive a confirmation email following your booking and a reminder one week prior to the course start date
- Calling us on 020 8950 0077/8207
- Payment can be made in person, via post or over the telephone
- Or Book and Pay Online
Is an extremely qualified sugarcraft and cake decoration specialist with over 20 years experience. She has gained distinction in City & Guilds ABC and NCFE national qualifications, and taught the subject at many FE colleges. She is a medal winner in various sugarcraft competitions. A competition judge, external verifier/moderator and has featured on the TV programme ‘Icing on the Cake’. Paddi has demonstrated and taught the subject overseas.....in the USA, Europe, Scandinavia, Channel Islands and New Zealand as well as many towns and cities in the UK. She is a founder member of the ‘Taste of Art’ group who have exhibited Sugar as an art form in art galleries in Surrey and Bowes Museum County Durham. She is a author of 2 books – ‘Sugar Flowers for Beginners’ and ‘More Sugar Flowers for Beginners’ and regularly writes articles for established Sugarcraft magazines. She is a member of The British Sugarcraft Guild.
Is a qualified tutor having passed City and Guild and Awarding Body Consortium in cake decoration and wired sugar-flowers in 1987 with distinction in all disciplines. She has co-written 2 books and regularly features in Cake Craft & Decoration magazine, has won many awards at national and international level and teaches here and abroad. Ulla’s passion is sugar and cold porcelain flowers which are taught to a very high standard.
Boasts over twenty years experience in sugarcraft industry, including passing City and Guilds 121 in Royal icing and confectionary. She now teaches and demonstrates all types of sugarcraft internationally. Is experienced in running her specialist sugarcraft shop for a period twelve years and has been teaching classes across all levels, from beginners to experienced in all aspects of cake decoration and sugar flowers for the past fifteen years. More recently has written articles for magazines.
Modelling Figurines’ Freehand with Carol Haycox
|This is a one day course that will show you how model figurines freehand......
You will learn:
• Proportional sizing
• How to create the features on the face
• Create delicate fingers/nails on tiny hands
• Create movement to bring your figurines to life
• The use of modelling paste verse flower/modelling paste verse sugarpaste and CMC
• Make and use a template
• Use of equipment
• The use of colours, dusts and lustres
• The use of specialist equipment
• Opportunity to ask any questions you can think about basic sugarpaste techniques and modelling
This course is suitable for:
• Beginners to intermediate
All materials and equipment are provided for the course just bring yourself
At the end of your course you will take creations home
spaces left on this course.