To create a cake for you, or to book onto a class at Cakes of Good Taste we may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Delivery and billing address
- Class or Cake purchased, value and method of payment.
The information is collected through the completion of online sales, emails, via the telephone or in person and is used solely for the purpose of fulfilling the orders or booking classes.
Why is it needed?
We require this information for:
- Contact details regarding your cake or class.
- We may send emails about new classes, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have consented to receiving such information via the classes or the newsletter.
Sharing your details:
- Your information is only ever shared with a third party except where it is required by a tutor of a class that you are booked onto in order to provide you directly with information relating to the class. The information given may include your name, email address and telephone number. Payment details are never shared.
By subscribing to my newsletter, sent via Mailchimp, you are agreeing to us sending out information on classes and news. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe, just click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link which is provided at the bottom of each sent.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with the service you require. The data is generally kept for 1 year, though it may be longer if the business requires.
Your Personal Information
We will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you, just contact me via email.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint, so that we can try to resolve it for you.